Here are the important details about our TEFL course:
- 120 hour on site course.
- Course duration: 4 weeks.
- 100 hours of Theory.
- 20 hours of observations and practical teaching at the schools:
- - Weeks 1 - 2: Daily observations at school for 1 hour per day.
- - Weeks 3 - 4: Daily practical teaching for 1 hour per day.
Requirement for applying to our course:
Thai Law requires Foreign English Teachers to be fluent native English speakers and be a holder of a degree. The first step in this process is to conduct a Skype interview with the applicants. Should the applicant not have Skype a short introduction video clip of the applicant can be emailed to E&W Learning Center.
- Send your completed application form with a copy of your ID, a recent picture of yourself and your CV.
- You must have a passport that is still valid for at least 12 months and you will need to attach a 3 month bank statement showing that you have at least the equivalent of 20 000 Thai Baht to your visa application for the Royal Thai Embassy.
- Get at least 12 passport photos taken for your visa application and work-permit, a work permit can only be obtained if you have a degree, we will send you the necessary documents to you.
Contact the local Thai Embassy in your country and start the process to apply for a 60 day single entry tourist visa. You must EFT the amount to the Thai embassy and attach the proof of payment to your application.
We will assist you in obtaining a non B working visa in your country before you leave.
In essence it is a very simple process and normally takes three to four working days to obtain.
- Provisionally book your flight ticket from your native country to Surat Thani International Airport. Get proof from the travel agency of the booking. You only pay your flight ticket once your visa has been approved!
- Apply for an International Driver’s license. You will need this if you want to hire a motorbike or car.
- Get a Police Clearance certificate from your local Police station. This process can take a few weeks so get it done ASAP.
- Make at least five certified copies of your degree and transcript and any other qualification you might have! It is a necessity to bring all original degrees and certificates with you.
- You must have sufficient funds in your bank account, an equivalent of 20000 Thai Baht is required for your 60 day single entry visa.
- The course fees are U$1,200.00. The course fees include your lectures, course materials, and accommodation for the duration of the course, four weeks. All course materials are in electronic format so you will need to bring a laptop to do your assignments and submit your modules.
- Make sure you bring enough money over to be able to support yourself for 2 months. Once you have completed your TEFL course, we will assist you in finding accommodation near to your school, most establishments require a two month deposit and one month’s rent in advance.
- Teachers in Thailand have a strict dress code. It is important that you adhere to that and make certain that you pack at least three sets of clothing for school! We will send you the dress code stipulations.
- Ask your travel agent or airline what the maximum weight for luggage is permitted. International overweight charges can be extremely expensive!
- Healthcare and medication are extremely affordable and readily accessible in Thailand, however, it will be advisable that should you bring any prescription medication with you, make sure you have a doctor’s script in case customs request such proof! Always make certain that such medication is packed away in you stow-away luggage and not in your carry-on luggage! If you do wear contact lenses bring an extra set just for in case, rather be safe than sorry! You can buy contact lenses here.
- Although you can draw money from ATM’s across Thailand, it is very expensive if you are going to be drawing from your bank in your native country. The transaction fee is 200 Baht (U$5) per transaction irrespective of the amount. It will be advisable to have at least some US Thai Baht on you upon arrival. You can exchange money at the bank or at the airport as well. Once you start working, the agency will assist you in opening a bank account in Thailand.
- If you do use any specific ointments or something that you are very peculiar about it might be advisable to bring some extra stock with. Although most brands are available in Thailand they might just not stock your specific brand! For instance Rooibos tea! But keep in mind the maximum luggage weight!
- To assure your place in our TEFL course, a deposit of 300 U.S. must be paid into our South African bank account and the difference must be paid upon arrival in Thailand or before the first class starts.
- Upon your arrival we will have one of our staff members pick you up from the airport and take you to your accommodation. If for some reason nobody is available to meet you at the airport we will arrange for a taxi to pick you up and take you to your accommodation where one of us will meet you and help you get settled in.
If you have any further questions about the requirements, please feel free to email Dennis McGilp at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
E & W TEFL Team